Regardless of the season, the last thing anyone wants to do is spend time preparing dinner at the end of the day. However, there are easy ways to make a healthy dinner in under 30 minutes and with fresh ingredients. One of them is my easy tilapia dinner with tomatoes and broccoli. Tilapia is a safe fish for pregnant women to consume and it contains key nutrients like omega 3 fatty acids, protein and other vitamins.
What makes this dinner unique is that instead of using lots of pots and pans, all you need is a baking sheet and a large piece of parchment paper. All the ingredients go into the parchment paper that gets tightly folded to perfectly steam the fish and the vegetables. A few other ingredients add lots of great flavor. And best of all: Clean up is a breeze! Try this recipe the next time you need an idea for dinner, or try making it with other fish like salmon or fresh trout!
Tilapia with Tomatoes & Broccoli
- 2 tilapia fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of broccoli florets and diced stems
- 4 cloves of garlic, thin sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a 12 inch square of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Season the tilapia on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place both pieces of tilapia on one side of the parchment sheet. Cover with the tomatoes, broccoli, garlic and parsley.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil, soy sauce and rice vinegar over the fish and vegetables.
- Fold the other half of the parchment paper over the fish and vegetables and fold and tuck the edges tightly to seal the parchment packet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Carefully pierce the top of the parchment pack and slowly tear open. Serve the fish, vegetables and sauce over brown rice if desired or together in a bowl or shallow plate.