Stefanie’s Back! My amazing cousin created another terrific recipe that I’m thrilled to share with everyone. I have to admit I was a little skeptical when she first shared this with me. I worried that this might actually be too sweet (if there is such a thing?) or that the combination of fresh blueberries with the white chocolate chips would be too overpowering. After making these, I was sold! They’re delicious!
Blueberries are a super fruit filled with antioxidants and fiber. One cup of blueberries has 3 grams of fiber, and much-needed vitamin C. They’re great eaten alone as a snack but they are even better in this cookie. The best part of this recipe is that it can be customized in so many ways. If the blueberries are in season and at their peak natural sweetness, use less sugar and white chocolate chips in the recipe. If the blueberries are not that sweet, add in extra white chips. Can’t find blueberries? Substitute dried blueberries. Not a fan of white chocolate chips? Leave them out and just use the blueberries or swap them out for white yogurt or carob chips. You can also use a sugar substitute suitable for baking instead of the classic white sugar. The possibilities with these are endless!
The blueberries will pop when baking so be sure to line the baking sheet with parchment paper. The kitchen is going to smell great while they’re baking. However, these are very hot when they come out of the oven so, as hard as it will be, resist the temptation to taste one right away and let them cool before taking that first magical bite. I took half the batter and made cookies while I used the other half to make bars in an 8×8 baking dish. They freeze perfectly and hold up great in an air tight container or the refrigerator.
You can follow Stefanie on Instagram @cucina_de_stefania Photo courtesy of Stefanie @cucina_de_stefania Thanks, Stef!!
BLUEBERRY CHIP COOKIES
Makes 36 cookies
2 cups blueberries
1-2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Rinse and dry the blueberries. Toss with lemon juice to lightly coat and set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar with a mixer or heavy spoon.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and combine.
- Add in vanilla
- Add in the flour mixture slowly and stir to combine
- Fold in the white chocolate chips
- Gently fold in the blueberries to avoid breaking them
- Rolls the cookies into balls (or use a small ice cream scoop) and place on lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms and edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool 10-15 minutes. Move to a baking rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container or freeze for up to one month.
2 thoughts on “BLUEBERRY CHIP COOKIES”
Thank you!! Trust me, they’re delicious…