This is another versatile recipe that can help a family in so many ways. This is the easiest salad to make and its loaded with protein, fiber and other nutrients. It is loaded with colors and textures and works great as a salad for lunch, a protein snack, an easy dinner, or a great appetizer when served on endive leaves. The leftovers make a fantastic sandwich. The nuts and cranberries help satisfy any pregnancy cravings because they provide the right amount of crunch and sweetness.
Cranberry Chicken Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, red onion, parsley and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper,
- Pour dressing over the chicken and toss well to coat. If using walnuts, add in last and toss lightly to incorporate.
- Serve on multi grain bread, on lettuce leaves, or inside endive leaves.
To cook chicken breasts: Rub each chicken breasts lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Featured photo by Travis Yewell