Tired of the same side salads at every barbeque, picnic or potluck? This recipe changes up the typical side dish and makes an amazing salad or easy lunch dish and pops with color. Instead of pasta or other heavy ingredients, this recipe uses the sweetness and crunch of corn, subtle herbs and tomatoes to create a unique taste. Even better, this salad is great with fresh corn from the cob, grilled corn, or even frozen corn. The dressing for this salad can be made in advance and you can make this salad as creamy as you wish just by adding more of the dressing ingredients. Try adding in any other leftovers you have–this salad is so versatile and easy that it pairs with anything!
Creamy Corn Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 ears of corn, cooked with kernels removed from the husks or 1 x 12 ounce bag of frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red or orange pepper, diced small
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the corn.
- Combine corn, tomatoes, pepper, and shallot in a large bowl.
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, milk, sugar, salt and pepper. If dressing is too thick, add additional tablespoons of milk, one at a time, until desired consistency.
- Adding dressing to corn mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Featured photo by Mason Dahl